In meeting with an author friend of mine, we discussed some ways to reach new readers, which led to a discussion about how books are purchased/consumed nowadays.
Here are my habits:
– I buy and read just as many paperbacks as I did before I owned a Kindle.
– I make more impromptu purchases on my Kindle if I receive a good recommendation.
– If a used book is the same price as the Kindle version, I buy the physical book (thank you, Prime Membership.)
– I spend much less time strolling through bookstores (and I lament this), but I “stroll” through Amazon regularly.
– I download and listen to audiobooks from certain genres.
– As I’m running out of space in my bookshelves at home, I do tend to buy e-book if I can, and I give away physical books whenever I’m done reading them.
What about you? Consider this a scientific study — I’d love to hear about your book consumption habits!