In Ann Voskamp‘s book, One Thousand Gifts, she chronicles how a friend challenged her to write down one thousand “gifts” she saw in her everyday life. This transformed into a blog with thousands of followings and a whole host of people who do “thankful Thursdays.”
As I look at 2012 and forward into 2013, one of the things that resonates with me most is the need to be thankful for every gift in your life—whether that gift is an empty gas tank or a sunny day in January (seriously, we’ve had like four sunny days in a row—I’m amazed.)
I’ve been tracking my gifts off and on for the past year. I have 600 written down from May – Dec 2012, and I’ll start anew this year, tracking some of them here on my blog.
1. a sunny new year (see a trend here?)
2. a chance to start anew
3. the revitalization that comes from a break
4. freewriting new novel ideas
5. chick flicks for a mental break
6. a AAA driver with a sense of humor
7. stormy, windy nights
8. new to-do lists
9. a brand new journal to start the year
10. moments of clarity and drive
What gifts do you see right now in your life? They don’t have to be large, and they don’t have to be obvious. Share in the comments!