To my everlasting shame, 2012 was probably the year I’ve read the least amount of books… ever.
In 2013, I’ll hopefully turn that around! There are still hundreds of books to be read in my Kindle and on my bookshelves. But for the best of 2012, here are my top favs:
In no particular order:
- Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund – A daring and gripping take on human slavery during the 1800s.
- With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin – Anything by Sarah makes my 10 lists. Anything. Read her and see for yourself why.
- Love Finds You in Mackinac Island by Melanie Dobson – I’m a bit biased here, because Melanie is my amazing critique partner. But this book rocks, period.
- West with the Night by Beryl Markham – An oldie (and not fiction), but what an amazing adventure and an inspiring woman.
- Love Does by Bob Goff – Not fiction either, but this book will change your life. I dare you to read it and not be moved.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – Young adult dystopian, and nearly as good as Hunger Games. If you enjoyed Hunger Games, read this!
- A Bridge of Scarlet Leaves by Kristina McMorris – A World War II tale that simply breathes excellence. McMorris is one of my all-time favorite authors.
- The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden – Incredible. Enough said.
- Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden – Um, also incredible. Times two.
- Soul’s Gate by James L Rubart – This is another one of those books that will challenge you and your faith. I dare you. Take a look.
Yes, I listed 11. So sue me. 😉
Happy new year and let’s make 2013 a wonderful year!